Toggle Dark Mode


Information and Advocacy

How we can help

Bradbury Fields specialises in helping visually impaired people to apply for Personal Independence Payment (PIP) and Attendance Allowance (AA) and help to review existing awards for these benefits where appropriate. Although PIP has largely replaced the Disability Living Allowance (DLA), we can also help people who are still entitled to DLA with applications and review their awards too. We help ensure Blind and Partially Sighted people get the aid they are entitled to.

Here are just a few areas in which our Welfare Benefits staff Paul and Curtis can help:

  • Discuss your current illness or disabilities and advice on which benefits you may be entitled to
  • Help to apply for or advise on any other benefits or concessions that may be available to you
  • Assist you to complete forms and provide support and advocacy with assessments that form part of the PIP application
  • Refer you to relevant agencies regarding other benefits such as Universal Credit, Employment & Support Allowance and Carer’s Allowance
  • Review the current awards people receive and help to increase them if appropriate
  • Complete the necessary paperwork to apply for a Disabled Persons travel pass
  • Help with queries on issues relating to sight loss

If you or someone you know is blind or partially sighted and would like to use our information and advocacy services, please fill in our referral form by clicking the button below.  This service is not open to Knowsley Residents.


If you still aren’t sure if information and advocacy services are for you, or if you would like a more informal chat about the services we offer please click here to contact us.